POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some cufflinks... (wip, 93kb's) : Re: Some cufflinks... (wip, 93kb's) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some cufflinks... (wip, 93kb's)
From: Jim Charter
Date: 13 Jan 2004 20:24:37
Message: <40049a55$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:

> Reflection in the table: Why can you see the reflection of the silver
> beads in the table surface? In reality, this wouldn't happen. Is there
> a PoV answer to this, pov-people?

Not sure why it wouldn't happen.  Is this the blurred reflection issue?
You've seen the use of varieted "micro normals" technique to accomplish
blurred reflection, right?  Published by Jaime Vives Piqueres, Ron
Parker, and others.  Or is it something else?

What seems more inconsistent to me is the reflection of the back of one
cufflink in the other.

> I used Runes logo.inc for this, (thanks Rune), and translating was
> hell for sure - it took me the whole of today to get this far.

You mean the constant micro adjustments and rerendering to test.  Never
tell your wife that that is how you spent the day!

> (Prize: three frozen mackerel for the person that spots the translate
> problem between the two cufflinks - soon to be fixed!)

Nope, can't spot it.
I always do the worst on those types of tests.
"The car lacks one headlight", "The woman has no nose", etc.